(Updated May 7, 2006)
1. I graduated from Colfax High School in 1984.
2. I graduated from Central Washington University in 1988 with a B.S. Degree in Fashion Merchandising.
3. I played flute in High School, but havenít touched it since graduating.
4. My fluteís name is Alfie, after the song by Cher.
5. I had a black and white cat named OíMalley when I was a child.
6. I named him after O'Malley the Alley Cat from The Aristocats movie.
8. My earlobes are pierced three times each.
9. I have one tattoo. (So far.)
10. When I say "My brain tumour is acting up again," it means I have a headache.
11. I collect rings.
12. I get lots of freckles if I spend too much time in the sun.
13. I have a collection of young adult novels signed by the authors.
14. I like my iced tea unsweetened with a lemon wedge.
15. My father died in 1981.
16. I was 15 at the time.
17. I used to smoke cigarettes when I was young and stupid.
18. I am still single.
19. I dislike the title "Ms."; I find it unfeminine.
20. I love salmon.
21. I own a silver 2003 Toyota Echo named Misty Storm.
22. Iím a first generation Durannie!
23. I take Zoloft for anxiety, panic attacks, and depression.
24. I dislike sitting with my back to a room or a window.
25. I still watch cartoons on the weekends.
26. I collect useless junk.
27. Iím a pack rat.
28. Iím probably mentally unstable as well.
29. I took French in College, but canít speak the language.
30. Iíve been to England twice - the first time in 1987, then again in 1989.
31. Iíve been "in love" once.
32. Iíve been "in like" a million times.
33. Iím obsessive, but not too compulsive.
34. Iíve thought about suicide, but never really tried to do it.
35. I listen to the radio really loud.
36. My favourite colours are black, pink and various shades of blue.
38. I occasionally suffer from insomnia.
39. I tend to kill houseplants.
40. I used to have aquariums, but all the fish died.
41. Sometimes I wear artificial nails.
42. Iím not afraid of snakes, but I'm not terribly fond of them either.
43. I have an extreme fear of heights and falling . . .
44. . . . and, yet, I love to fly in aeroplanes!
45. I prefer an hearty, "oaky" Chardonnay to a light, fruity one.
46. I dislike Budweiser or Coors Light; I much prefer a microbrew.
47. I used to listen to audio books while exercising, but now I watch TV.
48. I wish I was two inches taller than I am.
49. Iím a redhead, and have the temper (and baby pictures) to prove it.
50. I once participated in a sťance, and contacted a spirit.
51. Sometimes I make promises I canít keep.
52. According to my "Happy Ball", my breath is very minty!
53. My favourite local store is Therapy.
54. My favourite local coffee shop is Uptown Coffee and Bakery, Home of the Velvet Foam.
55. I have kept an on-line journal since April 1999.
56. My favourite hot beverage is English Breakfast Tea Latte from Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf.
57. I am an amateur photographer.
58. I am also a novice writer.
59. I used to hand-stamp cards for family and friends, but don't have much time for rubber stamping any more.
60. I have
61. On the weekends, I enjoy a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream in my coffee.
62. Of course, I'm not really supposed to drink alcohol anymore because I'm taking the Zoloft. But, I do anyway.
63. I've had little dental work done; only fillings, wisdom teeth removal, and root planing.
64. I never needed braces.
65. I never needed glasses, either, but I wanted them so badly that when I was in Jr. High, I faked an eye exam, and got reading glasses.
66. It's the only "test" I've ever cheated on.
67. I love scented candles!
68. I also love incense, but don't burn it very often because I'm afraid I'll set off the smoke alarms.
69. My favourite indulgence is getting a pedicure.
70. I have had a professional massage. That was nice!
71. I enjoy dining alone, and reading a good book, or doing some writing.
72. I used to work in retail, but am now a Legal Process Clerk at the San Luis Obispo Superior Court.
73. I received my paralegal certificate from Cal Poly in 1997, but no longer work as a paralegal.
74. I've been at my current job almost one year, and I love it!
75. When I was little, I wanted to be a veterinarian.
76. I love gardens, but don't like gardening.
77. I will happily pay more for good quality products.
78. I love to find unique, one-of-a-kind things.
79. I tend to over tip in restaurants and bars.
80. Iím allergic to animals, walnuts, bananas and carrots.
81. My favourite stores are craft stores like Beverly's and Michael's.
82. I also go a bit nuts in Home Depot.
83. I enjoy building things, but I'm not very good at it.
84. So, I watch home improvement shows on television instead.
85. I am a Lutheran, but don't go to church much anymore.
86. I love to sing, but I have a terrible voice.
87. So, I only sing in the car, when I'm alone.
88. When I retire, I'm going to buy a 1965 Ford Mustang, and restore it.
89. Then I'll take it to Classic Car Shows and show it.
90. I would like to learn to play classical guitar.
92. I ride the bus to work every day and I love it!
93. I love funky journals and blank books, and unique pens.
94. I used to sign my correspondence "love and other indoor sports, hez."
95. Now, I just say, "Cheers!"
96. I enjoy British comedies, dramas, and sci-fi shows.
97. I'm a big fan of Shakespeare's plays and other works.
98. My favourite number is 42, because, well, it's the answer.
99. My other favourite number is 51.
100. I'm outta here! Thanks for reading!
Updated May 7, 2006
I was born in Kennewick, Washington, and lived for a few years in nearby Pasco. My family moved around the state a bit, stopping briefly in Cle Elum and nearby Ronald, both nestled in the beautiful Cascade Mountain Range, before eventually settling in a little agricultural community called Colfax, which is located in the Palouse Hills area. There I graduated from Colfax High School, and afterwards attended college at Central Washington University, where I received a Bachelor of Science degree in Fashion Merchandising.
After graduating from Central, I moved to Moscow, Idaho, where I worked as an Assistant Manager for Lerner New York, a women's clothing store located in the Palouse Empire Mall. After a few years there, I moved to Lincoln City, Oregon, where I was an Assistant Manager at Van Heusen Direct in the Factory Outlet Center, and eventually moved to Atascadero, California. I worked briefly at Clothestime in San Luis Obispo, California, but after a few months I was offered a better job at the E.N.U.F. Internationale store at the Atascadero Factory Outlets Mall. That store later went out of business, so I decided to use the opportunity to back to school and train for a different career. This time I attended California Polytechnic State University's Extended Education Program in SLO, and after a little over a year, I received my certificate in Paralegal Studies.
Further updates can be found in my Web Log.
My Adventures List
(Or, 50 things I'd like to do before I die.)
Updated June 22, 2008
1. Learn to ride a motorcycle.
2. Buy a Harley Davidson.
4. Become organized.
5. Get a new tattoo.
6. Get a belly ring.
7. Get my tongue pierced.
8. Own a Jeep Wrangler.
9. Go camping by myself.
10. Own a dog.
11. Complete the Wharf to Wharf race by running not walking.
12. Buy a mountain bike.
13. Compete in a triathlon.
14. Raise money for charity.
16. Fly in a helicopter.
17. Go skydiving.
18. Publish a novel.
19. Publish a coffee table book of my photographs.
20. Learn to play the guitar.
21. Become a better Christian.
22. Take a hiking tour of Switzerland.
24. Get up at 5 a.m. to exercise.
25. Visit the Grand Canyon.
26. Climb a mountain.
27. Take a cruise to Alaska.
28. Get married.
29. Learn to play golf.
30. Learn to surf.
31. Take a bike tour of Vermont during the fall.
32. Ride the entire length of Route 66; on a Harley, of course!
34. Climb to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
35. Visit every Mission in California.
36. Bike through the Redwoods.
37. Learn to snowboard.
38. Go snowshoeing at Tahoe.
39. Take a balloon ride over Napa Valley.
40. Stay at a bed and breakfast.
42. Visit Australia.
44. Be on a reality show.
45. Camp and take a kayaking tour of the San Juan Islands, Washington State.
46. Get my Masters.
47. Visit Ireland.
48. See a concert at The Gorge Amphitheatre.
49. Run one mile in 10 minutes.
50. Publish a book of my poetry.